Tuesday 6 November 2012

Sad poem...111111 *salute*

So guys, we fin dourselves once again back round to Remembrence Day. And though they may not hear it, i want to say thhanks to all those who've sacraficed so much both past and present in all branches of the armed forces, doing a job so few of us are truly capable of.

*salute*

AAANND now for a short poem like thing (not REALLY apoem...but anyhoo...). It popped into my head whilst walking from school to work today, and tis really kinda crap tbh...BUT i'll give it to you anyway...

*********************************

I saw them fall, you know
I fell too
They died
...and I died

I saw the red stain the dirt too, you know
their blood
...and my blood

I saw the fear...and the panic, in their eyes
I saw the reflection, my reflection
in their eyes
as they died
as i died

But around us the grass still grew
even if i could not see
or they could not see
the grass still grew
and the poppies still grew
Red
As we died.



RIP brave soldiers. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment